Monday, May 26, 2008

Melissa's Baptism

Melissa and I
Me, Melissa, and our Relief Society President Kim
Elder Perry, Me, Melissa & Elder Schmidt. We love these missionaries!
We think that Elder Perry looks like Chad Michael Murray, don't you agree? :)

I finally got some pictures from my friend Melissa's baptism. I invited her to church on March 16th and she was baptized on April 6th. It has been a great learning experience for me. I guess you never really know how the Lord plans on using you until he really does and you can see the affect you can have on someone else's life. Melissa's parents kicked her out of the house.. for numerous reasons, but her joining the church was the icing on the cake. She's been staying here for a week while trying to find an apartment. I feel lucky to be able to help her out and she's constantly a good example of how to have a positive attitude no matter what your circumstances are. I'm impressed and lucky to have had this opportunity.

5 comments:

Ruuddudes said...

That is wonderful! You know, maybe Elder Levi should wait for YOU while you go on a mission! You have a talent for it... :) hee hee

Levi and Marissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Levi and Marissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Levi and Marissa said...

Ha ha no way! I love missionary work but I think our 3 year wait has been plenty long. I don't know if we'd survive 4 1/2! :)I'm a ward missionary, so I get in my mission work there. Koriann, I have taken your advice though. On my card for graduation you said you didn't want to see any wedding invites for at least 3 years. Well.. you will probably get one at about 31/2 years! :) I stuck with the plan!

Brooklyn said...

That is great that your friend got baptized!!