Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Change of Plans

I hate changes. Especially the unexpected kind. But whatever, it turns out that Heavenly Father definitely has a different plan for all of us than we sometimes think .This appears to be the situation right now. For all who didn't already know, Levi is coming home from his mission today. He needs knee surgery. His knees have been bad his whole mission and won't last him any longer. I don't know if I should be happy, or cry. Of course, I'm excited to see him, but he's so sad to be coming home. He arrives home in about 3 hours actually.. He'll get released tonight, then I'll finally get to talk to him on the phone. I can't wait for that. This is so wierd though. I haven't mentally prepared myself for this! I know everything will be fine and work out as it should though. His mission president had nothing but good things to say about him, and he will be honorably released. He has worked so hard at this, and I am so proud of him. I dunno though, I feel bad for being excited. I guess there is no harm in that right? :) About a month ago I decided I wanted to move to Utah. So I'm going to. It felt right three weeks ago.. and now it just feels more right. That's the best part of living the "untied down" life. I am just packing up and getting in the car. Mary is going to come with me so I'm not alone. It will be good to have the company and we're going to make a fun road trip out of it, then she'll be staying for a few days for a little vacation. I'm excited. I am trying to let my excitement be my main emotion. I dunno though. The last three days I've been : nervous, happy, nausious, apprehensive, excited, sad, uncontrollably hilarious, and ecstatic. I've been a basket case of all kinds of emotion! I haven't been able to eat for the past three days. I don't know how to feel! Finally last night I forced myself to eat something and I about hurled! Anyway.. there is my story. BUT I AM EXCITED. I get to see the love of my life in two days. I haven't seen him for nineteen months for heaven sakes! I'm going crazy!

5 comments:

Jessica and Brady said...

Only one stomach flu away from your goal weight? =)

jeanne said...

We are excited to have you come HOME. You have been the most supportive and loving girl I've every met. I'm very guarded with my Levi, but I'm proud to have had you there while he has been out serving. This has been tough for me too. But the most important thing to remember is that he served an honorable mission and has accomplished the goal that he set. What happens from here is up to him and his Heavenly Father. All I can say is that you better stop by and stay for a few days. This house is 6,000 sq ft and needs to be filled with love and laughter, that means you. Thanks again for being such a wonderful girl. We love you.

Levi said...

Wow Riss i wont lie i bawled my eyes out when i read that from you about me coming home and i am SO GRATEFUL for all the love and support you gave to me the whole time and i CANNOT wait to see you tomorrow babe! I LOVE YOU. Cant wait to start this part of our life together

Jordan and Heidi Jensen said...

Hey there Marissa, it was great to hear from ya. Your blog is adorable! You look amazing and it sounds like your life is going great! Thanks for always being such a sweetheart in Young Womens and for being such a great example to those around you. Good luck in all of lifes adventures and keep in touch.
luv,
Heidi(Pugmire)Jensen :o)

Ruuddudes said...

Oh, Marissa, I feel like I accidentally heard a sweet, private conversation just now when I read what Levi wrote above! You two make me feel young again. How fun. Good to chat with you at church and feel your excitement! Now, good luck with this next phase of your life! I expect to meet this wonderful honey face to face soon! :)