Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Marissa Ilinois

So I was at work last night, and a guy at this table goes, " Wait you said your name is Marissa?" I said yes, and he said, " I spent most of my life in Marissa Illinois." Cool right? I never knew that there was a U.S. city that shared my name. Well.. I guess it's small enough that they refer to it as a village. We proceeded to chat about the name Marissa, which I was under the impression was of Hispanic origin. I'm not sure if I just made that up in my head or if I was given false information. :) Well the origin of the name is English, but the Greek translation changed it to having two s's. So turns out, my name is Greek. Well this got me interested in doing a little more research on my name. I guess my mom knew my true disposition from birth, because I made the discovery that Marissa means sea of bitterness. Ha Ha.. ok well maybe that has applied at times in my life, but I like to think of myself as this kind of sea generally...


You know, calm and happy, but not boring. Enough sharks and crabs to defend myself if needs be. But most the time, with a "cheerful dispostion." What's in a name? I guess those who interact with me can decide! :) (Mom, you are not allowed to answer this question, anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law.) :) P.S. I don't even remotely care the amount of my tax return. You can keep it for all I care. Ha ha JUST KIDDING! (For those of you who don't know what I'm referring to.. my mother is withholding my somewhat sizeable tax return from me. This is illegal, yes? I would like to think so. She is quite enjoying the fact that I don't know how much it is and that she's not giving it to me until the fall. I talked to her yesterday, she laughed a menacing laugh and said, "Ha ha, i'm not going to tell you how much your tax return is!".. in that obnoxious sing, songy voice. Well mom, I have stopped caring. See.. there's that cheerful disposition again! :)

0 comments: