Monday, February 25, 2008

As promised.. sorry it took me forever!

So, below are the fun pictures from the cruise. The Pedersens are the awesome family I went with. They paid for EVERYTHING. My flight to Utah to get on the flight to Florida, and my whole cruise cost. And then paid me for my help with the kids. I was so lucky to be able to go. Oh, and we ate a lot of steak and got two massages! You can't get better than that! It was great to get a break from real life and soak up a little sun. The kids are so much fun, so we had a blast playing walkie talkie hide and seek, swimming with dolphins and in the pool, exploring, playing in the arcade, eating lots of good food.. and relaxing! Then the end of the trip was a lot of fun too.. we got to the airport in Salt lake and my flight back to Long Beach was supposed to leave in two hours. Well we had tossed around the idea of me staying for one more night to hang out with Rachael.. so I called Delta when we got there to arrange it. Well, since the flight was bought with sky miles they said they couldn't do a direct change. So, I told Rachael that it wouldn't work. Well then I called them back and we figured it out while Rach had to run back on the plane for something. I changed the flight to fly into Orange County instead and we got it all worked out for a 60$ fee, which Todd happily supplied. So, Andie said that we should keep it a surprise. We went down to the baggage claim, and they got their bags, we said goodbye, and they all left. So then Todd & Andie just came back around to the pick up and I went with them while Rach was in the other car. Well they were going to dinner at Cafe Rio, so we got there and I waited in the car for 5 minutes, so Rach didn't expect a thing. So I came inside, came up to them in line. It was like Rachael was seeing me, but not actually looking at me as I came in. So I walked over and said, " Hey while you're in line, will you get me a steak salad with both kinds of dressing like I like it?" She freaked out and was all kinds of excited and it was all really fun! So I spent the night, went to church the next day, and at the start of sacrament I get a text from Brady that says, "I'm here call me when your flight lands." Whoopsies.. he thought I got in at 10 AM and it was at 10 PM! So I called him and he said, ok, I will just wait here till you get here tonight. Ha ha.. (thanks for the effort Brayd) So then we ate dinner with the Pedersens, then drove to Kaysville to squeeze in a few (very few) minutes seeing Levi's mom. Oh, and then I almost missed my flight! As we were leaving his house, Rach slipped on the ice in the driveway and almost died, I thought she had a concussion. Anyway, I made it. And I didn't even have to butt in the security line this time. What can I say, I like to live on the risky side of life! All in all.. it was a GREAT week!

2 comments:

Jessica and Brady said...

I have no idea what you are referring to. You have NEVER had to but in line because you were late to the airport. =)

Levi and Marissa said...

Hmm.. I dunno.. maybe we should ask.. Jessica? ha ha.. That was great.